We can’t believe we’re already a quarter through 2023!
Did you know that the very first post on SF Loves Tango was published by Maika on April 20, 2012? And April 21, 2019, is when the brains and hands behind SF Loves Tango changed to us, Xiaomin & Jonas? We would like to celebrate these anniversaries by recapping what we’ve accomplished post-COVID and start looking ahead!
We cleaned up outdated content, and Xiaomin designed a new cover and new profile pictures for our social media.
Summer 2022 – present
We resumed putting together long-formed articles on a semi-regular basis – now known as the monthly “story drop”, except during the holidays because we all can use a little peace of mind, right?
- JUNE: We officially “re-opened” SF Loves Tango with the first story post-COVID by celebrating Pride & Queer Tango in SF.
- JULY: We told the stories behind The Dome, a unique event space for tango live music.
- AUGUST: We spotlighted Milonga Malevaje, which celebrated 25yrs of tango dancing back in March.
- SEPTEMBER: We shared the 26yrs history (and a romantic tale!) of Alma del Tango.
- FEBRUARY 23′: We introduced the uprising events collectively known as Che! Tango SF.
- MARCH: We uncovered the inspirations and thoughts that led to the Women’s Gathering.
In between story drops, we also revived the SF Loves Tango’s Instagram profile (@sflovestango) before Independence Day to share event highlights throughout 2022 Nora’s Tango Week. Since then, we’ve been using a healthy dose of social media as a channel for sharing bite-sized content on tango events around the SF Bay Area.
We plan to find a new look & feel for the website during the 2023 holiday season, so it’ll be looking refreshing and modern to welcome the new year!
We’ll continue exploring more ways to engage with our audience – YOU. 🙂 We’d love for our content to connect with more people who also are passionate about Tango and the San Francisco tango community.
→ If you are a conventional newsletter reader, no actions are required but we always welcome comments whenever a new story drops! And tell your friends they can subscribe and get stories dropped to their inboxes.
→ If you are somewhat active on Facebook, like us – and if you like what you’re seeing, reshare it with your connections!
→ If you are a quick snippet kind of person, follow us on Instagram and we’ll bring the SF tango scenes right to your fingertips!
What stories do you want to hear next? Let us know in the comments below using #SFlovesTango. Or, if you prefer 1-on-1 conversations, DM us or actually chat with us if we meet in person!